PowerRack’s compact configuration is only part of the solution. PowerRack is fueled by Altairnano’s nanolithium-titanate battery chemistry, outperforming other energy storage solutions in:
- Fast charge rates
- Operating temperature range
- Cycle life
- Calendar life
Combined with best practices architecture and an intuitive battery management system (BMS), our lithium-titanate cells round out an energy storage solution that is economical, efficient and forward-facing.
- Scalability: Expand or streamline your energy storage system as power needs change. The modular system design is also ideal for test configurations, and be customized to your needs from a few modules up to 40 modules.
- Improved reliability: Can act like a UPS, helping to prevent downtime during power interruptions.
- Compact footprint: Custom-configured modular design provides a powerful solution in a small package, eliminating the need for a dedicated power room on site.
- System control and monitoring: Anticipate changes and respond to power needs proactively through real-time monitoring. Our battery management system optimizes the power, capacity and life of the system, constantly communicates the unit’s state of health – including change, voltage, temperature and fault codes – in real time to improve power quality, supports facility planning and provides industry-leading performance.
- Ease of maintenance and installation: Ease of use begins on day one. The system is housed in a heavy-duty, four-post, ventilated cabinet architecture to facilitate for forklift or overhead lifting during installation of the battery system at the site. The hardware and software interlocks isolate the battery system and reduce its voltage to a safe level within the cabinet for maintenance.
- Safety: Forced air cooling is controlled by the BMS as well as a ground fault detection and annunciation system. Battery system positive and negative legs have fully rated fusing and contactors coupled with a battery-optimized pre-charge resistor, all housed within a connection and control cabinet along with the BMS.
» PowerRack Brochure (Not yet available)